Work Part 5 - There's always a but...

10/11/2010 07:36:00 pm BenefitScroungingScum 0 Comments

Part 1 - Employment History
Part 2 - The Application
Part 3 - The Telephone Interview
Part 4 - OMG I've got the job!

I'm not entitled to do permitted work as I don't receive Incapacity Benefit. Well, I sort of am as you can do permitted work whilst receiving Income Support but I'm only allowed to keep £20 a week of anything I earn. I'm disappointed, but it's still an amazing opportunity and that £20 a week will definitely come in handy to cover my rent shortfall. Fortunately the employers don't mind and because of who they are I have no concerns about being exploited. Also, it's a proper job, eight hours a week from home. It's all a bit frustrating but I'm so happy someone interviewed me and wanted to employ me that I don't care.

I don't know how to go about notifying the DWP about working so my new employers and I have agreed I will contact my Disability Employment Advisor to find out the details and we'll take it from there.

0 comments: